- I Kissed A Girl - Katy Perry (2008) - I know what you are thinking on this one. Why? For some reason this is just such an in your face, infectious joy ride of a song, with more than a subtle hint of titillation, that it just puts a smile on my face.
- Go Insane (Live) - Lindsey Buckingham (2008) - I am a big fan of Fleetwood Mac and of Lindsey's guitar playing. This live, solo guitar piece has an entirely different quality than the keyboard driven single from 1984, but it is haunting and lovely.
- No Sugar Tonight - The Guess Who (1970) - This song is definitely my favorite release from this group. Burton Cummings, the lead singer on this work, sounds like what a rock star should sound like.
- Long Cool Woman - The Hollies (1972) - Another oldie but goodie. I have always turned the radio up when this one came on and have more than once belted this one out while pretending that I was up on a stage in front of a sold-out auditorium.
- This is My Night - Chaka Khan (1984) - While I am not a fan of Chaka Khan's music, this one pulled me in when I first saw its video on MTV. I like the message and feeling of empowerment that this one throws out there.
3 hours ago